2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Stars We Lost in 2012
Take a moment to remember Whitney Houston, Larry Hagman, Michael Clarke Duncan, and the many other stars who faded away in 2012.
- Jenner: Kim Kardashian 'thrilled for the new baby'
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kris Jenner says her daughter Kim Kardashian is thrilled to have a new baby girl.
- Family tweets indicate Kim Kardashian gives birth
LOS ANGELES (AP) — It looks to be a baby girl for Kim Kardashian and her rapper boyfriend Kanye West. Or does it?
- 'Man of Steel' Soars with Record-Setting Opening
Man of Steel, starring British actor Henry Cavill, soared to incredible heights at the box office this weekend, setting its own record in the process.
- Envelope mix-up at Daytime Emmy Awards
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — "Days of Our Lives" scored a rare win for best drama series at the Daytime Emmys in a show marked by an envelope mix-up, expletives and the constant din of audience chatter heard during the cable telecast that stretched beyond its time slot.
- Ex-NFL star Chad Johnson released from jail
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A contrite Chad Johnson apologized Monday for disrespecting a judge when the former NFL star slapped his attorney on the backside in court last week and was released from jail after only a week instead of 30 days.
- 'The White Queen' Draws More Than 5 Million Viewers in BBC Debut
With an average audience of 5.3 million, the medieval drama, a co-production with Starz, won the U.K. ratings in the Sunday 9pm time slot.
- Daytime Emmys 2013: 'B&B' Wins Big, Lucas Wins
Daytime television's elite gathered on Sunday at the Beverly Hilton for the 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards. Above all the night's festivities, one of the few surviving soap operas, The Bold and the Beautiful, won big.
- Channing Tatum, Jenna Dewan-Tatum Share First Picture of Baby Daughter Everly
"First Father's Day with my girls," Channing Tatum wrote, posting a picture of his and Jenna Dewan-Tatum's baby daughter, Everly, for the very first time on Sunday, June 16