Chinese 'highway house' is demolished
A five-storey house, which was marooned in the middle of a new road in
China for more than a year because its owner refused to leave, has
finally been demolished.
The road, in China's eastern Zhejiang province,
was built around the house because duck farmer Luo Baogen was holding
out for more compensation, reports the BBC. Luo, 67, said he had just
finished the home at a cost of $95,000 and had been offered only $35,000 to move.
- Photo By REUTERS Sun, Dec 2, 2012 12:00 PM PST
- Attorney: Donald Trump lied on stan … AP - Wed, May 22, 2013 11:52 AM PDT
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang: Get a First Look … Yahoo! TV - Wed, May 22, 2013 12:19 PM PDT
- Selena Gomez Goes Without Makeup, Shows … Us Weekly - 23 hours ago
- Restaurant learns online reviews can … AP - Wed, May 22, 2013 1:45 PM PDT
- John McCain: It's Common Sense That … The Wrap - 8 hours ago
1 / 20