Chinese 'highway house' is demolished
A five-storey house, which was marooned in the middle of a new road in
China for more than a year because its owner refused to leave, has
finally been demolished.
The road, in China's eastern Zhejiang province,
was built around the house because duck farmer Luo Baogen was holding
out for more compensation, reports the BBC. Luo, 67, said he had just
finished the home at a cost of $95,000 and had been offered only $35,000 to move.
- Photo By REUTERS Sun, Dec 2, 2012 12:00 PM PST
- 'The Voice' Winner: Who Did the Experts … Reuters - 14 hours ago
- Cher credits luck for her lengthy c … AP - 5 hours ago
- Jenner: Kim Kardashian 'thrilled for … AP - Mon, Jun 17, 2013 6:12 PM PDT
- Selma Blair Abruptly Exits 'Anger M … ET Online - 8 hours ago
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West: Still No … Access Hollywood - Tue, Jun 18, 2013 7:03 AM PDT
1 / 20