Chinese 'highway house' is demolished
A five-storey house, which was marooned in the middle of a new road in
China for more than a year because its owner refused to leave, has
finally been demolished.
The road, in China's eastern Zhejiang province,
was built around the house because duck farmer Luo Baogen was holding
out for more compensation, reports the BBC. Luo, 67, said he had just
finished the home at a cost of $95,000 and had been offered only $35,000 to move.
- Photo By REUTERS Sun, Dec 2, 2012 12:00 PM PST
- Liberace's Plastic Surgery Left Him … Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 6:03 PM PDT
- TV's Fastest and Furiousest Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 24, 2013 4:22 PM PDT
- Amanda Bynes Claims Sexual Harassment … ET Online - 7 hours ago
- Amanda Bynes: "I Don't Drink or Do Drugs," … Us Weekly - 12 hours ago
- Ann Curry Failed to Get Angelina Jolie … Us Weekly - Fri, May 24, 2013 3:00 PM PDT
1 / 20