Chinese 'highway house' is demolished
A five-storey house, which was marooned in the middle of a new road in
China for more than a year because its owner refused to leave, has
finally been demolished.
The road, in China's eastern Zhejiang province,
was built around the house because duck farmer Luo Baogen was holding
out for more compensation, reports the BBC. Luo, 67, said he had just
finished the home at a cost of $95,000 and had been offered only $35,000 to move.
- Photo By REUTERS Sun, Dec 2, 2012 12:00 PM PST
- Cher credits luck for her lengthy c … Associated Press - 19 hours ago
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't … Associated Press - 5 hours ago
- Jenner: Kim Kardashian 'thrilled for … Associated Press - Mon, Jun 17, 2013 6:12 PM PDT
- 'The Voice' Winner: Who Did the Experts … Reuters - Tue, Jun 18, 2013 5:30 PM PDT
- Selma Blair Abruptly Exits 'Anger M … ET Online - 23 hours ago
1 / 20