Chinese 'highway house' is demolished
A five-storey house, which was marooned in the middle of a new road in
China for more than a year because its owner refused to leave, has
finally been demolished.
The road, in China's eastern Zhejiang province,
was built around the house because duck farmer Luo Baogen was holding
out for more compensation, reports the BBC. Luo, 67, said he had just
finished the home at a cost of $95,000 and had been offered only $35,000 to move.
- Photo By REUTERS Sun, Dec 2, 2012 12:00 PM PST
- Khloe: I Can't Tolerate Another Attack … ET Online - 13 hours ago
- Eva Longoria Risks Another Wardrobe … Us Weekly - 10 hours ago
- Hollywood's Disabled Actors Protest … The Wrap - 3 hours ago
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' Winner … Yahoo! TV - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
- Jane Fonda Wears Skin-Baring Versace … Us Weekly - Mon, May 20, 2013 2:10 PM PDT
1 / 20