Japan tsunami two years on: Before and after pictures
Japan is observing today the second anniversary of the March 11, 2011, disaster that killed more than 19,000 people. Homes were reduced to rubble, cars tossed about like toys and boats flung from the sea into streets and onto roofs. The ocean's fury, and the earthquake that preceded it, left around 19,000 people dead and hundreds of thousands homeless. In the last 24 months, substantial progress has been made in rebuilding lives and infrastructure, but much remains unfinished. This new set of before-and-after photographs captures the rebuilding work and efforts to return to normality.
- Jenner: Kim Kardashian 'thrilled for … AP - 5 hours ago
- Family tweets indicate Kim Kardashian … AP - 17 hours ago
- Box Office Report: 'Man of Steel' Nabs … The Hollywood Reporter - Sat, Jun 15, 2013 10:00 PM PDT
- Kim Kardashian's Baby 'Looks Just Like … Access Hollywood - Sun, Jun 16, 2013 10:10 AM PDT
- Envelope mix-up at Daytime Emmy Awa … AP - 22 hours ago
1 / 20