Japan tsunami two years on: Before and after pictures
Japan is observing today the second anniversary of the March 11, 2011, disaster that killed more than 19,000 people. Homes were reduced to rubble, cars tossed about like toys and boats flung from the sea into streets and onto roofs. The ocean's fury, and the earthquake that preceded it, left around 19,000 people dead and hundreds of thousands homeless. In the last 24 months, substantial progress has been made in rebuilding lives and infrastructure, but much remains unfinished. This new set of before-and-after photographs captures the rebuilding work and efforts to return to normality.
- 'The Voice' Coaches: Nobody's Going … Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 11:01 AM PDT
- The 12 New Shows We'll Be Watching Next … Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 1:36 PM PDT
- Beyonce Reportedly Pregnant With Second … Us Weekly - 21 hours ago
- 'The Office' Finale: Strippers, Wedding … Yahoo! TV - Fri, May 17, 2013 9:00 AM PDT
- Kim Kardashian Will Join Kanye West … Us Weekly - Fri, May 17, 2013 12:45 PM PDT
1 / 20