2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The hottest stars, biggest bombs, most shocking surprises, and more
Best TV Shows of 2012
We love TV. You have to when you watch as much of it as we do. And one of the side effects of viewing an unhealthy amount of TV is you become evangelical about anything that stands out from the mind-numbing masses. So pardon us a moment while we get back up on our soapbox to reflect on the shows that impressed us most this year. We believe from the bottom of our hearts to the tips of our remote controls that if you give these TV treats a taste, you'll soon be hungry for more. (And if you disagree, let us know in the comments what's missing from our list!) — Yahoo! TV Staff
VOTE: Tell us what your picks are for the best TV shows of 2012
- 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Bye-Byes Upstage Ben Affleck
The final show for a "Saturday Night Live" cast member tends to be more emotional than outright funny.
- Denise Richards on Caring for Charlie Sheen, Brooke Mueller's Kids: "I Want to Be There for Them"
Plus, the Twisted actress says "there are a lot of feelings and emotions" between her and ex-husband Charlie Sheen
- Zach Galifianakis Quits Drinking After Two Men Spit in His Face
The Hangover III star tells Conan O'Brien about the drunken altercation that scared him sober
- Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson Break Up - For Now
A source close to Pattinson tells Us Weekly that the Twilight costars are currently on a break -- but a reconciliation is in the cards
- Demi Lovato Recalls Joe Jonas Breakup: "I Was Really Mad at Him"
"We may not be as a close as we used to be, but that's OK," Demi Lovato says of her friendship with Joe Jonas following their 2010 split
- Ben Affleck Hosts Saturday Night Live: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
Fans hoping that Saturday Night Live might close out its lackluster 38th season on a strong note probably abandoned that sense of optimism after the evening’s first three sketches (not counting the opening monologue or that amusing, pre-taped Xanax: Gay […]
- Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift Sitting Together at Billboard Awards
A source tells Us Weekly it's "no accident" that on-and-off couple Bieber and Gomez will sit next to each other alongside Gomez's BFF Swift in the front row at the MGM Garden Arena
- Old rules don't mean much to broadcasters
NEW YORK (AP) — The most striking thing about the broadcast TV networks announcing their new fall schedules this past week was how little that actually meant.