Review Tips and Guidelines
- Tell us if you like or dislike the show, but also WHY you like or dislike it.
- Compare this show to others - why is this better or worse?
- Don't comment on other reviews or reviewers, discuss the show instead.
- No URL's, phone numbers, addresses, or profanities please.
- Short reviews will not be accepted.
- Please write at least 400 characters.
- Read our review guidelines for more.
- This area is only to be used for posting a review of the show after you have seen it.
- Reviews that violate our Terms of Service including spam, hateful or obscene messages, may result in the loss of your Yahoo! ID.
About The Show
Successful composer and inveterate bachelor Charlie Harper's casual Malibu lifestyle is interrupted when his tightly wound brother, Alan and Alan's son, Jake, come to stay with him. Complicating matters further are Charlie and Alan's narcissistic, emotionally toxic mother, Evelyn; Alan's deeply neurotic ex-wife, Judith; and Charlie's domineering, plain-speaking housekeeper, Berta. Despite the complexities of their lives and their own strained relationship, Charlie and Alan both love Jake and want what's best for him. So they struggle to create a little family unit that's as healthy as possible for all of them. With the absence of Charlie, internet billionaire Walden Schmidt comes into Alan and Jake's lives where changes are afoot for father and son.
Successful composer and inveterate bachelor Charlie Harper's casual Malibu lifestyle is interrupted when his tightly wound brother, Alan and Alan's son, Jake, come to stay with him. Complicating matters further are …