You know him from "Lost," from "The Tick," from "Suddenly Susan," and from those killer dark eyes (no, he doesn't wear eyeliner … they naturally look like that!). Now, Nestor Carbonell is mixing it up with the Bates fam on A&E's Emmy-nominated drama "Bates Motel," where he plays White Pine Bay sheriff Alex Romero. For the show's second season, Carbonell promises, "A lot of twists, and major payoffs. If you were a fan of the first season, you're gonna love this one!" The actor, who also played the Gotham mayor in "The Dark Knight" and "The Dark Knight Rises," shares his movie, TV, theme song, and other pop culture faves with Yahoo TV in celebration of the release of "Bates Motel" Season 1 on DVD and Blu-ray.
1. Have you ever dressed as a celeb for Halloween? Who? I don't remember ever dressing up as a celebrity. I usually just end up throwing a set of nasty decaying teeth in my mouth. Anything to gross out my kids.
2. What phone app do you use the most? Texas Hold 'Em Poker. After you win a few rounds, you'll convince yourself you can go pro.
3. Did you have a poster of a celeb on your wall when you were a kid or a teen? No posters of celebrities. I remember having a Ferrari one. Oh, yeah, Nastassja Kinski with the boa constrictor.
4. What do you eat or drink while watching a movie in the theater? Caramel corn, Twizzlers, Milk Duds.
5. What was the first movie you saw? Might have been "Jaws." At least that's the one I remember most. Didn't go too deep in the ocean that whole summer.
6. What movie character do you wish you could be? Bond. James Bond.
7. What song was playing during your first kiss? I'd make some really lame joke about how we made our own music, but it was really just an innocent, sweet, and awkward moment.
8. What TV show would you like to live in? I'm really happy in White Pine Bay, Oregon. Never a dull moment with Norma and Norman Bates.
9. What movie makes you cry? "My Life as A Dog." Great film. Brutal.
10. What's the TV show you never miss? "Breaking Bad."
11. What TV theme song do you still remember the words to? "Cheers," "Brady Bunch," "Phineas and Ferb."
12. What's the guiltiest pleasure currently on your DVR? "World Series of Poker."
13. What is your favorite karaoke song? "Rapper's Delight"?
14. What is your favorite album? Just about any Led Zeppelin one.
15. What was your first concert? The Rolling Stones.
16. What website do you visit when no one is watching? Yahoo News. Your stories and videos are why it takes me so long to get to my email.
17. What was on your favorite T-shirt when you were growing up? One with a faded vintage Pepsi logo.
Watch an exclusive "Bates Motel" deleted scene:
"Bates Motel" Season 1 is now available on DVD and Blu-ray (Universal); "Bates Motel" Season 2 premieres on A&E in 2014.
Check out more POPsessions
- Arts & Entertainment
- Nestor Carbonell