Who's that girl? That's the question everyone's asking about Mexican actress and singer Eiza Gonzalez these days. Gonzalez, 23, was thrust into the spotlight this week when she was photographed in Las Vegas with Liam Hemsworth two days before the Hunger Games actor went public with his split from ex-fiancee Miley Cyrus.
Here are five things to know about Hemsworth's hot new hookup:
1. She's recently single. Gonzalez dated Mexican businessman Pepe Diaz for two years before breaking up with him this summer. She announced the split on Twitter in August, telling her 764,000 followers that she had been single for about a month. A few days later, she tweeted that love is "our greatest happiness and pain" in life. "I choose love always!" she wrote.
2. She's new to L.A. Until a few weeks ago, Gonzalez lived in Mexico City, where she starred in the Televisa telenovela Amores Verdaderos. (She has also had roles on the series Lola...Erase Una Vez, Mujeres Asesinas, and Suena Conmigo.) Sources tell Us Weekly she moved to L.A. in search of more acting work.
3. She's had plastic surgery to change her appearance. In 2011, during an interview for the show Hoy, Gonzalez admitted to getting a nose job. There was no medical reason for the procedure; she said she just didn't like the way she looked.
4. She sings, too! Gonzalez released her debut album, Contracorriente, in November 2009. She followed that up with a second album, Te Acordaras de Mi, in June 2012. She also showed off her vocal chops on Suena Conmigo, which starred the multitalented star as Clara Molina, a reality contestant who has a secret rock star alter ego named Roxy Pop. (Hannah Montana, anyone?)
5. She has showbiz in her blood. Gonzalez is the daughter of former Mexican model Glenda Reyna. Reyna is a judge on Mexico's Next Top Model, the second Latin American spinoff of Tyra Banks' America's Next Top Model.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Eiza Gonzalez: 5 Things to Know About Liam Hemsworth's Post-Miley Cyrus Hookup
- Arts & Entertainment