Lindsay Lohan's much-hyped interview with Barbara Walters is off.
The actress and tabloid fixture, embarking on a career comeback as Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime's Liz & Dick, scrapped a sitdown with Walters that was to air on ABC's 20/20 next Friday.
"We are disappointed that Lindsay cancelled the interview and wish her well," an ABC News rep tells THR in a statement.
Liz & Dick premieres Nov. 25. The 26-year-old star has also filmed The Canyons, an L.A.-set indie written by Bret Easton Ellis and co-starring porn actor James Deen.
Lohan parted ways with her publicist, Steve Honig, two weeks ago, following weeks in which her personal drama (always gossip fodder) seemed to be imploding (again) in the public eye.
Recently, she has been accused of clipping a man with her Porsche outside a New York City nightclub -- grainy surveillance video, however, appears to present evidence to the contrary -- and, several days later, was involved in a confrontation with a hanger-on who allegedly struck her after she requested he remove photos of her from his phone.
Last month, Lohan's parental drama erupted anew when a desperate call she made to her father, Michael, after a fight with her mother, Dina, during a post-partying limo ride from New York to Long Island leaked to TMZ. (Hours later, she endorsed Mitt Romney for president.)
And this week, more turmoil threatened to sideline Lohan's Hollywood reinvention with the news that she could face charges stemming from a June 8 accident in which her black Porsche collided with the back of a dump truck on the Pacific Coast Highway.
Police said they have found evidence that she lied when she told authorities that she was not behind the wheel of her vehicle at the time of the accident, The Los Angeles Times reported. If charges are filed, it could be deemed a violation of Lohan’s 2011 parole for shoplifting and result in a return to jail.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Lindsay Lohan
- Barbara Walters
- Bret Easton Ellis
- Elizabeth Taylor