The Encarta Dictionary definition of the word "hunk" is: "male with a good physique; a man who is well built and very attractive physically." Throughout the years, the "American Idol" stage has been graced by great talent, but that is not what this article is about. This is about the hunks. The fellows who, though they may not have won it all, made the temperature in living rooms climb every time they took the stage.
10. Ace Young - This Season 5 top 12 contender was a favorite among many viewers. Hailing from Denver, Colorado , Ace is not only a singer but also a well-toned athlete that enjoys football, baseball and basketball.
9. Michael Johns - Though his hometown on the "American Idol" website is Buckhead, GA, Michael is probably best remembered for his sultry accent given that he was born in Perth, Australia. Michael finished in eighth place in Season 7.
8. Josh Gracin - Josh was possibly the first noteworthy country singer to catch viewers' attention. Josh made it all the way to the final four in the second season of "American Idol" and was clearly at the top of his game physically as a member of the United States Marine Corps.
7. Matt Giraud - A crooner for the ages, Matt Giraud's voice and skills tickling the ivories made viewers swoon. This Michigan native finished in fifth place of Season 8.
6. George Huff - Hailing from The Big Easy, George was not initially chosen for the semifinal round during the third season of "American Idol," but was brought back when another contestant was disqualified due to a brush with the law. George was the top male contestant of his season, finishing fifth overall.
5. Bucky Covington - Bucky didn't just sing country music, he oozed country from every pore. This flaxen haired good ol' boy worked at his family's auto body shop in North Carolina prior to "American Idol." Bucky came in 8th place during Season 5.
4. James Durbin - This rocker impressed many not only with his voice but with his strength, having been diagnosed at a young age with both Tourette's and Asperger's Syndrome. Durbin's performances raised the roof and yet he often revealed his gentler side as well. Many fans were disappointed and felt he went home too soon, finishing in the Top 4 of Season 10.
3. Constantine Maroulis - Born in Brooklyn, New York, to Greek parents, this long-haired rock and roll contestant auditioned for Season 4 of "American Idol" based on the suggestion of his then-girlfriend, and we're glad he did. Constantine made it all the way to the final six before being eliminated.
2. Justin Guarini - If you are a real "American Idol" fan and have been watching since the beginning, you no doubt remember Justin Guarini. Justin made it all the way to the final two in Season 1, and his exotic good looks are likely one of the reasons the show garnered such high ratings from the start.
1. Adam Lambert - Nobody lit up the stage and made it sizzle like Adam Lambert. Adam commanded your attention and dared you not to fall for him. Adam coming in second to the tepid Kris Allen was perhaps the greatest surprise in the history of "American Idol."
"American Idol" contestant profiles, americanidol.com