Paul Adelstein is teaming up with another former small screen doc for his new TV gig.
The actor will co-star opposite Lisa Edelstein (House) in Bravo’s dramedy pilot The Girlfriend’s Guide to Divorce, Deadline reports.
The hour-long project — based on Vicki Iovine’s book series and written by Marti Noxon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) — follows Abby (Edelstein), a self-help author navigating her life as a single woman in her 40s in Los Angeles.
Adelstein, who is about to recur on Scandal, will play Abby’s husband, from whom she’s secretly separated.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• George Eads is coming back to CSI. The actor, who in August took a leave of absence from the CBS procedural after an on-set altercation with a writer, is scheduled to return for this season’s ninth episode, EW.com reports; the episode is slated to air on Nov. 20.
• Weeds alum Hunter Parrish will guest-star on The Good Wife‘s Nov. 10 episode, per The Hollywood Reporter. The actor will play an enthusiastic college student who is accused of murdering a female classmate he swears he’s never met.
• Amanda Plummer (Pulp Fiction) will guest-star on Season 2 of Hannibal as as a hippie-chic acupuncturist who’s been causing trouble, reports The Wrap.
• ABC will air the special Lady Gaga & The Muppets’ Holiday Spectacular on Thanksgiving night, Nov. 28, at 9:30/8:30c.
• BBC America has greenlit the original series Intruders, based on Michael Marshall Smith’s novel and penned by Glen Morgan (The X-Files). The thriller revolves around a secret society devoted to chasing immortality by seeking refuge in the bodies of others.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?
- Arts & Entertainment
- Lisa Edelstein
- George Eads
- Marti Noxon