She joins the CBS sudser as Kelly, a woman who will have “a profound influence” on numerous Genoa City faves, including Billy, Victoria and Chloe, EW.com reports.
Watros — who won a Daytime Emmy for her career-starting run on CBS’ Guiding Light — has most recently appeared on Warehouse 13, Hawaii Five-0 and Grey’s Anatomy.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• CNN Films has scrapped its plans for a Hillary Clinton documentary now that director Charles Ferguson (Inside Job) has backed out. In a HuffPost blog, the filmmaker cites pressure from various Clinton aides — as well as from the Republican National Committee — for the cancellation.
• A&E is looking to adapt The Returned, a hit French series that centers on a town in which several presumed-dead locals suddenly reappear. Per Deadline, Lost/Bates Motel boss Carlton Cuse is in talks to helm the project.
• CNN has renewed Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown for a six-episode third season.
• IFC has given the green light to Garfunkel & Oates, a 10-episode, half-hour series starring comedy-folk duo Riki Lindhome (Enlightened ) and Kate Micucci (The Big Bang Theory).
• Spike TV has renewed Ink Master for a fourth season and ordered 26 new episodes of Tattoo Nightmares, both to debut in 2014.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?
- Arts & Entertainment
- Hillary Clinton
- CNN Films
- Charles Ferguson