- Disney revenue beats with lift from theme parks, media networks Reuters - 7 minutes ago
Walt Disney's shares were up 2.3 percent at $113.60 in premarket trading on Tuesday. Revenue at theme parks rose 6 percent to $3.76 billion, … More »Disney revenue beats with lift from theme parks, media networks
Walt Disney's shares were up 2.3 percent at $113.60 in premarket trading on Tuesday. Revenue at theme parks rose 6 percent to $3.76 billion, pushing up the unit's operating income 24 percent, as ticket prices and hotel room rates increased and visitors spent more on food, drinks and merchandise. Walt Disney's media networks …
- Shonda Rhimes, Dee Rees Team for FX Drama Based on 'The Warmth of Other Suns' The Hollywood Reporter - 33 minutes ago
The limited series is based on Isabel Wilkerson's historical study.
- Discovery Digital Networks Grabs ‘FunForLouis’ YouTube Show, Launches TLCme The Wrap - 39 minutes ago
Discovery Digital Networks (DDN) is going to help Louis Cole have more fun, and separately inspire female fans through new platform TLCme. The first features YouTube adventurer Louis Cole (1.3 million subscribers), whose “FunForLouis” will join DDN’s Seeker. Later, his new original series “Flying the Globe” will see Cole circumnavigating …
- Joss Whedon on Fighting With Marvel Over 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': "It Got Really, Really Unpleasant" The Hollywood Reporter - 44 minutes ago
The director reveals that he wanted to include Spider-Man in the film, to no avail.
- Discovery profit beats on distribution revenue growth Reuters - 1 hour 8 minutes ago
(Reuters) - Discovery Communications Inc , the owner of Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel, reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by growth in distribution revenue at its U.S. and international networks. Discovery Communications shares were up 4.6 percent in premarket trading on Tuesday. Distribution …
- DirecTV revenue rises 4 percent Reuters - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
(Reuters) - DirecTV, the No. 1 U.S. satellite TV company, posted a 4 percent rise in quarterly revenue as it added 279,000 subscribers and earned more from each user. Net income attributable to the company rose to $730 million, or $1.44 per share, in the first quarter ended March 31, from $561 million, or $1.09 per share, …
- Exclusive iZombie Sneak Peek: Liv and Lowell Are Heating Up! TV Guide - 1 hour 10 minutes ago
On Tuesday's iZombie, Liv (Rose McIver) is surprised to discover eating the brain of a sex and dating expert isn't half as fun as she may have imagined Rather than finding herself full of confidence and clever insight, Liv spirals into a pit of insecurity over her budding relationship with Lowell (Bradley James). Not one …
- 'The Hobbit,' 'Hunger Games' Sequels Save 2014 European Box Office From Recession The Hollywood Reporter - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
Cinema revenue rises minimally, Hollywood market share falls, but the market share for European films hits a record high.
- Discovery Q1 Earnings Top Estimates Thanks in Part to Global Distribution Growth The Wrap - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
Discovery Communications released its first quarter 2015 financials on Tuesday morning just before the U.S. stock markets opened, reporting earnings per share of $0.37 on net income of $250 million and $1.537 billion in revenue. Revenue was up nine percent over the first quarter a year ago, led by 10 percent growth at …
RECAPS AND CLIPS
1 - 6 of 24