- Jamaican author makes Man Booker long list with Bob Marley novel Reuters - 17 minutes ago
LONDON (Reuters) - The long list of 13 titles for the 2015 Man Booker Prize for fiction written in English, published on Wednesday, features … More »Jamaican author makes Man Booker long list with Bob Marley novel
LONDON (Reuters) - The long list of 13 titles for the 2015 Man Booker Prize for fiction written in English, published on Wednesday, features the first Jamaican author in contention for the 50,000-pound ($78,000) prize. Marlon James is nominated for his third novel, "A Brief History of Seven Killings," the story …
- TV depiction of Colombia's only saint angers her devotees Associated Press - 43 minutes ago
- Trevor Noah takes on racism, skips politics in standup gig Associated Press - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
- Sky beats year forecasts with broad demand across Europe Reuters - 2 hours 59 minutes ago
By Kate Holton LONDON (Reuters) - European pay-TV group Sky said on Wednesday it expects to perform strongly in its new financial year after better-than-expected 2014/15 profits prompted investors to rethink their growth forecasts for the newly-enlarged group. Sky, formed from the combination of Britain's BSkyB, Sky Deutschland …
- Jimmy Kimmel Chokes Up On Air Over Cecil the Lion, Likens Hunter to Bill Cosby The Hollywood Reporter - 7 hours ago
Kimmel eviscerated "jackhole" Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer who killed the much loved lion.
- Oscar Strategist Moves: New N.Y. Firm, L.A. Consultant Hire (Exclusive) The Hollywood Reporter - 7 hours ago
Julie Tustin and Meryl Katz open Film Circuits in New York, while former journalist Christy Grosz joins Lisa Taback's LTLA in Los Angeles.
- Sky Full-Year Earnings, Subscribers Rise The Hollywood Reporter - 7 hours ago
The pan-European pay TV giant, in which Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox owns a 39 percent stake, posts its first fiscal-year results since its creation late last year.
- Venice Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 72nd Edition The Hollywood Reporter - 7 hours ago
Kristen Stewart, Michael Keaton, Eddie Redmayne, Tilda Swinton, Ralph Fiennes and Dakota Johnson are among the stars in movies coming to the world’s oldest major film festival.
- Starz Quarterly Earnings Miss Estimates, Subs Rise Over Year-Ago Period The Hollywood Reporter - 7 hours ago
The premium TV company, led by Chris Albrecht, posted higher operating profit and growth in subscribers compared with the the year-ago period.
RECAPS AND CLIPS
1 - 6 of 24